We Blog Together that makes Three -The Lord Ron and Me
Recent Kingdom Posts
- Father's Day, a Dad
- Happy Fathers Day
- God's Unshakable Plans for Your Life - Jeremiah 29:11 - Inspirational Bible Verses of Truth
- The Boogey-Man on the Doorstep
- For the Young at Heart – Jesus Loves Me
- A Beautiful Story of Caring and Compassion
- I have Something Special from the Children to share with you
- God of All Comfort
- Jesus Rescued His Lost Sheep…
- We are more than just a Number……
- Catering Churches - Fear of Offending
- We Give thanks for our Christian Brothers
- Preaching to the Hard hearted with Joy
- Because we know we are Christians…..
- Because I know I’m a Christian
- Update on Alfred…
- Ron’s Corner – Monty Update
- Inspirational Favorite Bible Verses in Pictures 2
- Another Amazing Answer to our Prayers
- Thank you for your Prayers – Amazing Update
Search Kingdom Posts
One Day at a Time
Blogging Friends Encouragement
King of Kings Friendship Award
Friendship Flower Blessings
The Versatile Blogger Award
7×7 Link Award
The Candle Lighter Award
Just Kidding Award
awesome blogger award
Genuine Blogger Award
Kreativ Blogger Award
Liebster Blog Award
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Long Comment Award
“Illuminating Bloggers Award”
The Ten Commandments Award
SHINE ON AWARD
One Lovely Blog Award
Super Sweet Award
WordPressBlooging World Award
“Is it really possible to learn to care for each other and let go of the bitterness and resentment that we have in our hearts?”
As Christians this is what the Lord asks us to do but without His Love we can not do this, it’s only as we seek His Compassion and Understanding that we can put ourselves in someone’s shoes and see why they are angry, hurting and in pain.
Perhaps it was something we did to them unknowingly and we need to say sorry, or perhaps they have not dealt with their own hurts and this causes bitterness which they project onto others, so we need to pray for healing for them…
Or perhaps there is judgment without Love because of Pride so Repentance and Forgiveness is needed, but whatever the reason God asks us to Love our enemies and do good to them, to choose to forgive them even if they will not accept our forgiveness through their repentance. .
The Scriptures tell us to do good to our enemies and in so doing we will heap burning coals on their head.
Does that mean God wants our motivation for doing good to our enemies to be motivated by revenge… No because He then tells us not to be overcome by evil but to seek to overcome evil with good… what God is confirming is if there is no repentance they will suffer the consequences of their evil actions. If we do not forgive others we will not be forgiven.
Revenge is not good, our motivation needs to be because of Love not hate. When we hold onto bitterness and resentment it’s like mixing poison for those who hurt us but drinking it ourselves, it eats us away.
Does offering Love instead of hate mean that our enemies will always respond back with Love… No sometimes their response will be unloving, this is what God was meaning in regard to the burning coals, but whatever their response is this should not govern our reactions or actions, what we do needs always to be motivated by God’s Love.
The Dictionary defines an enemy… one who attacks or tries to harm another.
“You may have an enemy but you don’t have to be one.”
Matthew 5:44 - Luke 6 :27-36 – Romans 12: 19-21